Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 Features Info
New – Quieter & Faster
The new chassis design combined with print component improvements gives a noticeable speed difference. Newly designed components give a quieter operation from the previous Canon Pro 2000 model.
New – Better Security
Hardware disk encryption gives you peace of mind in a security conscious world. An added configurable secure passcode allows only the right people to operate the machine with the right operator level.
New – Updated design
New operational panel that gives you, the user a much better view of what is going on and a lot easier to navigate whilst operating the printer. New touch screen technology also updates the feedback and response of the display.
New – Automatic feeding and media type detection
Take the guess work out of what profile to use for that print. New on the MKII Canon Pro is an automatic media type detection system that aids you in choosing the right profiles. An amazing new time saver. Auto feed also means you are not putting so much stress on the printer through manual loading.
Feature – LUCIA PRO pigment ink
LUCIA PRO pigment ink is newly developed for the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 series to deliver printing with a wide colour gamut, excellent colour expression, superior dark area reproduction, low graininess, and good gloss characteristics.
Feature – Advanced precision print head
The new Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 series 12-colour, fully integrated print head enables even faster printing with exceptional print quality. At a compact 1.28” wide, enabling efficient, high-precision ink ejection without discrepancies/
Feature – image processing engine
The imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 printer features a re-designed processing engine: L-COA PRO. It combines the latest and most advanced Canon image-handling algorithms with a newly-developed, application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) for processing high resolution images and data – allowing the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 to produce the very best print quality at high speed.
Feature – rigid platform for best quality
Canon PRO-2100 series printer features a brand new mechanical platform. The highly innovative chassis structure provides an exceptionally rigid frame that can maintain a precise distance between the print head and media – virtually eliminating oscillation for high-precision ink placement with little inter-colour discrepancy.
Dual roll unit
The optional dual roll unit for the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 provides either additional paper roll or functions as a media take-up unit for printed output. The take up roll gives you the option to feed print either print side on the inside or outside.
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 series printer uses transparent Chroma Optimiser ink to improve high quality print performance on gloss papers. This benefits the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 ability to produce prints that look great in lots of different types of lighting and in addition, gives you the confidence in your print.
By measuring each print output, the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 gives consistent colour reproduction between print jobs, compensating for any variation due to differences among printers or changes over time.
Crystal-fidelity output quality
The full structure, clarity and texture of photographs shot using Canon’s EOS digital cameras can be faithfully reproduced on paper, in unique Crystal-fidelity quality, using Canon’s Print Studio Pro plug-in.
Great selection of software
The software bundled with the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 series printer supports a wide range of large-format and advanced printing solutions, with features to optimise the efficiency of printing environments. More importantly, the software is fully cross-platform, supporting both Windows and Apple Macintosh computers.
Further info can be found on the Canon Website
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100
- Using LUCIA PRO 12 inks, colours are richer and blacks are deeper, producing prints that are faithful to your images.
- A new 1.28” wide print head enables faster printing while maintaining high print quality.
- Optional dual roll unit supports continuous paper feed or automatic take-up of the printed output.
- An attractive black body hardware design with an accentuated red line denoting the link with Canon EOS digital cameras.
- Ergonomic design with a flat top surface for print checking and 3.5” colour LCD touch screen operation panel.
- Fast and easy printing directly for PDF and JPEG file formats from USB memory stick.
- Wi-Fi functionality for easy connection and quick setup to wireless networks.
- Guaranteed colour consistency between jobs and different production sites.
- High-capacity “hot swap” ink tanks for uninterrupted printing.
- The Print Studio Pro plug-in lets you print effortlessly from professional editing software such as Adobe Lightroom®, Adobe Photoshop® and Canon’s Digital Photo Professional.