Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 Features Info
New – Quieter operation in production
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 comes with a new frame design combined with new and improved modules. This means a much quieter print from the previous Canon Pro 6000 model. Increased speed without noise.
New – Stay Secure
Now featuring On board encryption. The new security features of the Canon Pro 6100 gives you added confidence when using or communicating with the printer. Inbuilt hardware encrypted hard drive and a configurable secure passcode allows you to keep things secure when used in a studio environment.
New – Improved design
Usability has been improved by the larger operational panel together with a more responsive touch screen. This means you can quickly get to the settings and info you need without delay.
New – Printer AI, Automatic feeding and media type detection
Load paper into the Pro 6100, using state of the art Artificial Intelligence. This analyses the paper loaded and recommend the most suitable profile for the paper. Less time configuring your printer for the paper means fewer reprints and waste and more time printing.
Feature – LUCIA PRO pigment ink
LUCIA PRO pigment ink is newly developed for the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 series. This produces true colour prints with a wide colour gamut, excellent colour expression, superior dark area reproduction, low graininess, and good gloss characteristics.
Feature – Advanced precision print head
The new Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 series print head gives you faster printing with exceptional print quality. At just 1.28” wide, enabling efficient, high-precision ink ejection without discrepancies.
Feature – image processing engine
The imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 printer features a re-designed processing engine: L-COA PRO. It combines the latest and most advanced Canon image-handling algorithms. With a newly-developed, application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) for processing high-resolution images and data. Enabling the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 to produce the very best print quality at high speed.
Feature – rigid platform for best quality
Canon PRO-6100 series printer features a brand new mechanical platform. The highly innovative chassis structure provides an exceptionally rigid frame that can maintain a precise distance between the print head and media. Virtually eliminating oscillation for high-precision ink placement with little inter-colour discrepancy.
Dual roll unit
The optional dual roll unit for the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 provides either additional paper roll or functions as a media take-up unit for printed output. The take up roll gives you the option to feed print either print side on the inside or outside.
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 series printer uses transparent Chroma Optimiser ink. This gives high quality print performance on gloss papers. This benefits the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 ability to produce prints that look great in lots of different types of lighting and in addition, gives you confidence in your print.
By measuring each print output, the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 gives consistent colour reproduction between print jobs, compensating for any variation due to differences among printers or changes over time.
Crystal-fidelity output quality
The full structure, clarity and texture of photographs shot using Canon’s EOS digital cameras can be faithfully reproduced on paper. By using Canon’s Print Studio Pro plug-in.
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 Software
The printer supports a wide range of large-format and advanced printing solutions, with features to optimise the efficiency of printing environments. More importantly, the software is fully cross-platform, supporting both Windows and Apple Macintosh computers. Further info can be found on the Canon Website
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100
- Using LUCIA PRO 12 inks, colours are richer and blacks are deeper, producing prints that are faithful to your images.
- A new 1.28” wide print head enables faster printing whilst, maintaining high print quality.
- Optional dual roll unit supports continuous paper feed or automatic take-up of the printed output.
- An attractive black body hardware design with an accentuated red line denoting the link with Canon EOS digital cameras.
- Ergonomic design with a flat top surface for print checking and 3.5” colour LCD touch screen operation panel.
- Fast and easy printing directly for PDF and JPEG file formats from USB memory stick.
- Wi-Fi functionality for easy connection and quick setup to wireless networks.
- Guaranteed colour consistency between jobs and different production sites.
- High-capacity “hot swap” ink tanks for uninterrupted printing.
- The Print Studio Pro plug-in lets you print effortlessly from professional editing software such as Adobe Lightroom®, Adobe Photoshop® and Canon’s Digital Photo Professional.